| || |
Hearing Loss, Farmers and Agriculture Workers
Farmers are exposed regularly to machines that have the potential of damaging their hearing. Controlling exposure to noise can be done by:
1. Reducing sound levels
2. Performing routine maintenance to lubricate or replace worn parts on machines
3. Isolation by working in cabs or enclosures.
4. Use personal protective equipment
5. Place PPTs in any area that is a high noise setting.
6. Limit daily exposure. See this table for safe exposure durations and other ideas for reducing noise exposure.
Noise Induced Hearing Loss in Agriculture
Fitting Ear Plugs
How to Protect Your Kids' Hearing (Spanish and English)
What Does Hearing Loss Sound Like?